Derek H. Lamb, D.M.D., M.D.
Dr. Lamb was born and raised in Utah. He attended the University of Utah, graduating magna cum laude with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in medical biology. He then moved to Portland, Oregon where he received his dental degree at the Oregon Health and Science University School of Dentistry. He graduated with honors and upon completion he was inducted into the Dental Honor Society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon. Dr. Lamb is a Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
After completing his dental training he was accepted into a six year residency program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. During his time at Mayo Clinic Dr. Lamb earned a medical degree from Mayo Medical School, completed an intern year in general surgery and completed his specialty training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Lamb was trained in the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with expertise ranging from corrective jaw surgery and wisdom tooth removal to esthetic facial surgery. He can also diagnose and treat facial injuries, facial pathology and perform a full range of dental implant procedures and bone grafting. In addition, Dr. Lamb received comprehensive training in the administration of general anesthesia and intravenous sedation.
Dr. Lamb is the proud father of three children. He and his family are delighted to be living in the Southwest. Dr. Lamb speaks fluent Spanish and some Portugese. He is actively involved in his community. Outside of his surgical practice he enjoys spending time with his family, travelling and participating in various outdoor activities.
- Staff privileges at Honor Health Osborn and Honor Health Shea
Licenses and Certifications
- Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners
- Arizona Medical Board
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- Arizona Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Arizona Dental Association
- Arizona Medical Association
Our warm and caring team collectively has many years in surgical assisting and post-operative care. All of our team members at Old Town Oral Surgery are CPR certified and have additional training in anesthesia assisting. We pride ourselves on being professional, courteous, and compassionate. Our state of the art facility offers the latest advancement in technology to our patient’s. Our warm and caring team is provided with continuing education in all aspects of patient monitoring, infection control, patient care, and digital radiology. Our team is dedicated to providing our patient’s with the very best “from the heart” quality care.
Kelli Marie – Financial Coordinator
- Kelli Marie is a Native to Arizona, she grew up in Superior, AZ. She joins us with 10 years in the dental field. She is a fun-loving mother of 3 girls! Kellie Marie, is a University of Arizona, fan and enjoys crafting with our staff. The most rewarding part of her job is she loves to make people smile! We enjoy her enthusiasm for handling our marketing projects and serves as our New Patient Coordinator Extraordinaire! If you are lucky she may share her home-made salsa recipe!
Suzana – Surgical Assistant
- Suzana also known as Suzie is a born and raised Arizona native. She was raised in the same house for 16 years when her parents decided that they wanted a change and moved into a small farm house where she lived until she moved out on her own.She has been an oral surgeon assistant for the past 12 years for 2 amazing surgeons. Along with working as an assistant she also has worked in General Dentistry for a year and multiple dental labs fabricating crown and bridge work with some well-known labs in Arizona.On her days off she loves to go fishing, camping, hiking and just being outdoors. When she is not playing outside you can find her watching football Thursday through Monday cheering for her favorite team the Oakland (soon to be Las Vegas) Raiders.